Writing research papers, finishing projects, working after school — as a student, we know your plate is full. Student Checking is a free account that lets you easily manage your money while earning competitive dividends on balances of $750 or more!
Whether you’re hitting the books at UC Berkeley or one of our other great Bay Area High Schools or Colleges or even off to another city or state, you’ll have our free online services and ATM access will ensure your money is always within reach.
- Available to students 16-24 years old and enrolled in high school, college, or vocational school
- Earns dividends – see current rates
- No monthly service fee
- Unlimited check writing and debit card use
- Free online banking & bill pay
- Free mobile banking
- Free eStatements
- Free telephone banking
- Visa® debit card*
- Surcharge-free ATMs through the CO-OP network
- Access to Shared Branching through the CO-OP network
- Link to savings for automatic overdraft transfers**
- Overdraft protection available
- $15 minimum deposit to open
*Visa debit card daily limits:
Point of sale purchases – $350 daily limit
ATM withdrawals – $350 daily limit
If the Debit card is used as a VISA credit card – $1,500 daily limit
**$1 fee per overdraft transfer from savings.